AEC has the following vacancy at this time.
Information Technology (IT)
Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) provides electric service to 47,000 members in East Tennessee—including homes, farms, businesses, and industries. We own and maintain an electric distribution system that covers 600 square miles in parts of Grainger, Hamblen, Hawkins, Jefferson, and Sevier counties.
Who we are
We currently have an opportunity for an Information Technology (IT) Specialist in our New Market, Tennessee office. The IT Specialist provides professional support for a wide range of technologies used by the Cooperative’s end users.
AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short and long term disability, paid parental leave, 401k and a company funded pension plan. Benefits eligibility is first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 2 years experience working in a help desk or technical support environment, customer service or administrative role
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field desirable
- A+ and Network+ certifications desirable
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the primary point of contact for technical needs of end users including; but not limited to; answering how-to questions, providing system and network status, and troubleshooting various technologies
- Responsible for documenting support requests received via email, telephone, electronic ticketing systems, etc.
- Installation, maintenance, and configuration of Cooperative technologies including workstations, peripherals, and mobile devices
- Available for overtime as required including assisting outside of normal work hours during emergency or outage situations
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 12 feet
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- The position requires frequently lifting, push/pulling and/or carrying 10-20 lbs., and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Full time residence must be within 30 minutes of the Cooperative main office within 90 days of hire
Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
AEC IS A TENNESSEE DRUG FREE WORKPLACE