AEC has the following vacancy at this time.
Fiber Network Coordinator
Appalachian Electric Cooperative (AEC) provides electric service to close to 47,000 meters in rural East Tennessee—including homes, farms, businesses, and industries. We own and maintain an electric distribution system that covers around 600 square miles in parts of Grainger, Hamblen, Hawkins, Jefferson, and Sevier counties.
Who we are
As an electric cooperative, we are owned by the members we serve. Our goal is to improve the lives of our members by providing them with reliable electric service in a safe, courteous, and timely manner at the lowest possible price.
We currently have an opportunity for a Fiber Network Coordinator in our New Market, Tennessee office. The Fiber Network Coordinator is responsible for overseeing installation of the fiber-optic infrastructure on AEC’s system with responsibility for the design, engineering, staking and installation of fiber-optic services, line extensions, line relocations, make-ready work.
AEC offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short and long term disability, paid parental leave, 401k and a company funded pension plan. Benefits eligibility is first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on fiber optic experience and knowledge
- Experience supervising a fiber optic system build
- In-depth knowledge of fiber telecommunications safety rules and regulations
- Experience with ESRI GIS based fiber mapping software and AutoCAD
- Strong working knowledge of OTDR operation and testing, light testing, fiber troubleshooting and fiber plant design
- Able to splice fiber using industry standards
- Certifications in fiber optics preferred (BICSI, ETA, FOA, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the design, engineering, and staking of new services, line extensions, line relocations, make-ready work, and other work needed for the fiber system
- Directs and supervises crews and daily construction activities of the Fiber system to ensure timely and quality installation is achieved
- Responsible for updating, editing and maintaining fiber mapping records in ESRI GIS system and interfacing to other software platforms
- Manages customer issues and complaints as related to construction work
- Proficient with FTTx system design, construction, troubleshooting and restoration
- This job may require reporting to work after hours to assist during outages
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 lbs. with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular, on time attendance is required.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record
Full time residence must be within 30 minutes of the Cooperative main office within 90 days of hire.
To apply, send an email with resume to email@example.com
Appalachian Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.