Appalachian Electric Cooperative provides several convenient options to pay your electric bill.
Members may pay their bill at AEC's office in New Market.
Appalachian Electric Cooperative
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F
Non-Office Hours: Night Deposit Box (Check or money order only) - payments are processed next business day.
Located at our main office. The Kiosk takes payments 24 hours per day by cash, check or credit card.These payments are credited immediately in real time.
Convenient Community locations
- Atlantic Capital – Dandridge & Jefferson City
- BB & T – Jefferson City, Dandridge & Kodak
- Citizens Bank & Trust – Rutledge & Bean Station
- Citizens National Bank – Dandridge, Jefferson City, Kodak & White Pine.
- Citizens Bank of New Tazewell – Bean Station & Morristown
- Colonial Loan – Morristown (Radio Center)
- First Peoples Bank – Jefferson City, Alpha, Dandridge & Strawberry Plains
- First Tennessee Bank – Dandridge, Morristown & White Pine (Bank Customers Only)
- Home Trust – Jefferson City & Morristown
- New South Credit Union – Rutledge
- Regions Bank – Jefferson City & Morristown (Bank Customers Only)
- Rutledge Hardware – Rutledge
- Tennessee State Bank – Kodak & Jefferson City
- US Bank – Jefferson City & White Pine
- US Bank – (branch inside Food City) Dandridge
Click here to pay your bill online.
Automatic Bank Draft
Sign up for both ACH (the amount of your electric bill is deducted from your checking account) and our paperless E-bill option and receive a $1 credit on your bill each month, for as long as you maintain service with us. Complete this form or contact us at extension 1107.
Pay by Phone
To pay by phone using a credit card, please contact AEC and press #2 for our Interactive Voice Response System and follow the automated prompt or you may contact extension 1870 to speak with a representative.
Levelized Billing program
This plan allows residential members who have been established at current locations for twelve months or longer to pay an average monthly amount no matter the cost of the actual bill. Sign-up for participation in the plan is allowed from April 1 through October 31, each year. The Levelized Billing amount will be calculated as follows: previous 12 month kWh usage, multiplied by the current retail rates, then multiplied by 1.05. This amount, plus the base customer charges will be divided by 12 months. This will equal the Levelized Billing amount. This payment is reviewed monthly with the above formula plus any balance and if warranted, the payment adjusted.
The meter will continue to be read each month, and the member’s actual usage will be used to reconcile their account. The Levelized Billing Program is subject to cancellation at any time due to:
- Termination of electric service by the customer.
- Failure to make any payment within 10 days after the due date.
- Upon request by either party.